All participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times while participating in or attending any program or activity conducted or sponsored by RISE Adventures. The following guidelines are designed to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all participants and spectators.
Each participant is expected to do the following:
- Demonstrate courtesy, even when others do not.
- Behave in a responsible manner, always exercising self-discipline.
- Respect the rights and privileges of other participants and RISE staff/volunteers.
- Respect the property of others, including RISE property and facilities.
- Cooperate with or assist the RISE staff/volunteers in maintaining safety, order, and discipline.
Unacceptable behaviors include the following:
- Disregard for RISE rules or non-compliance with RISE staff/volunteers
- Use of profanity, vulgar language, or obscene gestures; loud or rude noises
- Causing bodily harm to self, other participants, or RISE staff/volunteers
- Defacing/damaging RISE property or the property of others; littering
- Engaging in inappropriate physical or verbal contact
- Running, pushing, shoving, or horseplay
- Involvement with drugs, alcohol, or any gang related activity
Persons displaying unacceptable behavior may face the following disciplinary actions:
- Conference with staff
- Conference with staff and parent/legal guardian, when appropriate
- If the participant or parent/legal guardian refuses to attend the conference or the participant remains disruptive, the participant may be asked to leave the program
- Restitution, when appropriate
- Notification to Board of Directors, outside agency, and/or local law enforcement
- Acts of misbehavior of a violent nature will result in suspension from all RISE programs, activities, and facilities.
RISE Adventures strives to ensure that your participation is fun, educational, safe, and rewarding. Thank you for your cooperation.